PEARSON LEVEL 7 QUALIFICATIONS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
The BTEC Level 7 Professional qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership are designed to provide focused and specialist vocational courses, linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards where appropriate, with a clear work emphasis. There is a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding of the sector:
Learners are able to progress across the range of Level 7 qualifications, from Award to Certificate to Diploma to Extended Diploma. These BTEC qualifications also support Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as enabling sideways progression to Masters degrees, such as an MBA.
The qualifications offer:
- Maximum flexibility within a range of different sized level 7 programmes
- The opportunity to certificate smaller blocks of learning designed to motivate learners and encourage widening participation in education and training
- Courses that may offer preparation for specific jobs when in employment
- The opportunity to use a range of delivery methods
- Opportunities for learners to develop skills that support career and professional development
- Programmes that can enable progression either to higher levels of study or to other courses at the same level of study
They enable learners to:
- Engage in learning that is relevant to them and which gives them opportunities to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 7 vocationally-related qualification
- Progress to employment in a particular vocational sector
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications and or to higher levels of study or other courses at the same level of study
There are four qualifications in this suite:
- Level 7 Award (10 credits): provides an introduction to the skills, qualities and knowledge that may be required
- Level 7 Certificate ( 20 credits): provides an engaging programme for those who are clear about the vocational area they want to learn more about.
- Level 7 Diploma (60 credits): extends the work-related focus from the certificate and provides preparation for employment for learners who want to enter a specific area of work
- Level 7 Extended Diploma (120 credits): provides an even broader work-related focus and is particularly useful for learners who wish to progress to an MBA or other Masters degree programme.
Relevant qualification at Level 5 or equivalent (Mature candidates with relevant experience may also be considered)
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
The Extended Diploma in Strategic Management will be a one year full time programme.